ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT Job at Makerere University Holding Company Limited (Mak Holdings) – Jobs in Uganda
Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Makerere University Holding Company Limited (Mak Holdings)
Deadline of this Job:
10th December 2018
Date Posted: 4th December 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
Makerere University Holding Company Limited (Mak Holdings) was established by Makerere University Council to manage commercial assets and interests of the University. In line with the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, the Board of Directors invites applications from qualified persons to fill the following position.
Administrative Assistant (1)
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will report to the CEO and support the management of Company operations; including coordinating work flows, work schedules, diary and information management as well as tracking progress on key corporate initiatives. The Administrative Assistant will have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar office environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the CEO, the AA will perform the following:
- Workflow management by coordinating office activities and operations to secure
efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Operations and programme management: Support company initiatives, projects and
processes and the CEO’s office including procurement, finance related administrative
tasks, providing logistical support for special events as well as creating a strong filing
system for prompt retrieval of documents
- Communication and information management: Handle external or internal communication including managing phone calls and correspondences; creating and updating records and databases with personnel, financial and other sensitive data; preparing reports, talking points, briefing documents, presentations/proposals as assigned, including taking minutes and providing status on agreed points.
- Excellent relationship management skills necessary for interaction with stakeholders at country, regional and multi-lateral level;
- Highly organised with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrable ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Secretarial studies, Administration
- Post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, good judgement and attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
A competitive remuneration package is attached to the positions for an initial fi ve (5) year
contractual period renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Job application procedure
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: MONDAY, 10th December, 2018 Qualified and interested applicants should deliver 5 copies of their applications to: Makerere University Holdings C/o Director Planning and Development Department Makerere University, Lincoln Flat C1 P.O. Box 7062, Kampala Makerere University [email protected]
8 total views, 1 today