BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Job Title: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Makerere University Holding Company Limited (Mak Holdings)
Deadline of this Job:
10th December 2018
Date Posted: 4th December 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
Makerere University Holding Company Limited (Mak Holdings) was established by Makerere University Council to manage commercial assets and interests of the University. In line with the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, the Board of Directors invites applications from qualifi ed persons to fi ll the following position.
Position: Business Development Officer (1)
Job Summary: Reporting to the CEO the Business Development Officer will create and apply an effective growth strategy for income generation. He/she will be responsible for identifying, developing and implementing new business opportunities by focusing on Makerere University expertise, brand, assets and innovation as well as growing existing business units. The Business Development Officer will have a minimum of seven years.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the CEO, the Officer will perform the following:
- Identify opportunities that unlock and fully utilize University assets to create new business income streams.
- Undertake research and market analysis, including client profiling, sourcing trendsetters and high growth potential business opportunities and contacts, markets and customer needs.
- Engage internally and externally with relevant stakeholders, industries, partners and businesses with a view to exploit opportunities for business growth to achieve MakHoldings’ set targets.
- Develop a growth strategy focused on effectiveness, financial gain and customer satisfaction of MakHoldings Businesses
- Supervise all MakHoldings commercial enterprises to ensure compliance to good governance and business practices as stipulated by University, National and International Accounting Standards.
- In-depth understanding of the higher education commercial sector especially the need for Universities to diversify their activity and income streams.
- Strong communication skills in all formats for writing reports to provide feedback, developing proposals, maintaining business relationships and making presentations.
- Good negotiation and excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on setting goals and priorities.
- Self-motivated and creative with ability to work to deadlines and solve problems respectively.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in the following or related fields Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing
- Must demonstrate seven years’ experience in business planning and development, project management, financial planning and reporting, and evaluation of cost
- benefits and returns on investment. of which two years are at Management level
- Must have experience of startup companies, spinouts and/or joint ventures, with ability to build sustainable relationships with external groups, clients and companies and the ability to upsell opportunities.
Job application procedure
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: MONDAY, 10th December, 2018 Qualified and interested applicants should deliver 5 copies of their applications to: Makerere University Holdings C/o Director Planning and Development Department Makerere University, Lincoln Flat C1 P.O. Box 7062, Kampala Makerere University [email protected]
6 total views, 1 today