CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER Job at Makerere University Holding Company Limited (Mak Holdings) – Jobs in Uganda
Job title: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Makerere University Holding Company Limited (Mak Holdings)
Deadline of this Job:
10th December 2018
Date Posted: 4th December 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
Makerere University Holding Company Limited (Mak Holdings) was established by Makerere University Council to manage commercial assets and interests of the University. In line with the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, the Board of Directors invites applications from qualifi ed persons to fill the following position.
Position: Chief Executive Officer (1)
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will provide visionary leadership, transform organizational strategy into programs, build strong beneficial synergy with Makerere University (Council, Management, Staff and Students) and strategically nurture and build collaborative relationships and partnerships with private and public stakeholders for mutual benefit of the parties. The CEO will have a minimum of ten years’ experience.
Core Duties and Responsibilities – the CEO shall be required to
- Provide strategic Leadership and oversight of the Makerere University Holding Company enterprises and initiatives
- Oversee financial management, profitability and accountability of the Company commercial and subsidiary enterprises
- Provide communication and public relations on Mak Holdings issues
- Provide investment, endowment and public-private partnership guidance and advise to the wider University community;
- Provide leadership, guidance and oversight for the infrastructure development projects undertaken by MakHoldings through Public Private Partnership and other investment vehicles
- Strong analytical, investment appraisal, risk analysis, financial modeling and investment management
- Understand and have working knowledge and experience of University organs and culture with ability to identify emerging University business opportunities;
- Ability to work in a large diverse complex environment
- Computer literacy
- Must have a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- Must have 10 years’ experience in management and business development four (4) of which must be at Management level.
- Must demonstrate experience and aptitude in public-private partnerships & structuring with a detailed understanding of infrastructure/real estate project development and management
Job application procedure
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: MONDAY, 10th December, 2018 Qualified and interested applicants should deliver 5 copies of their applications to: Makerere University Holdings C/o Director Planning and Development Department Makerere University, Lincoln Flat C1 P.O. Box 7062, Kampala Makerere University [email protected]
5 total views, 1 today